A rental property manager in India can have a variety of responsibilities and perform several functions, including:
- Rent collection and lease management: A rental property manager is responsible for collecting rent from tenants, managing lease agreements and renewals, and ensuring that tenants are aware of their obligations and rights.
- Maintenance and repairs: A rental property manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repairs of the property and ensuring that it is in good condition.
- Tenant screening and selection: A property manager is responsible for screening potential tenants, conducting background and credit checks, and selecting the most suitable tenants for the property.
- Legal compliance: A property manager must ensure that the property is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, including safety, zoning, and building codes.
- Budgeting and financial management: A property manager is responsible for creating and managing a budget for the property, tracking expenses, and providing financial reports to the property owner.
- Marketing and advertising: A property manager is responsible for marketing the property to potential tenants and advertising it through various mediums.
- Tenant relations: A property manager is responsible for maintaining good relations with tenants, addressing their concerns and complaints, and ensuring that they are satisfied with the property.
- Lease negotiation: A property manager is responsible for negotiating lease agreements, renewals, and any other related documents.
- Eviction and legal proceedings: A property manager is responsible for handling eviction proceedings and other legal matters related to the property.
- Latest rents and sale prices: A property manager can keep track of the latest ongoing rents in the area along with sale prices and inform the owners accordingly to ensure maximum rents or sale prices and returns from their investment.
In general, A rental property manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the property and ensuring that it is profitable and running smoothly. This can include everything from collecting rent to handling maintenance requests, ensuring legal compliance, and more.
Starting from a nominal cost of Rs 999 per month – We at ORO Proptech perform all these functions and go much beyond a local broker or what owners can do by themselves.